For when you need that perfect post-workout snack that not only tastes great but helps you recover faster! Did you know cacao is an important nutrient for sports performance and its high magnesium levels ensure effective muscle recovery. Learn more about the benefits of enjoying cacao whilst exercising and have this plant-based protein bar ready to go when you need it!
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup protein powder (we used Cacao Coconut from Naked Foods)
2 tbsp Sacred Earth Cacao
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp plant-based milk (we love Minor Figures!)
Handful of hemp seeds
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a small pan on a low heat, mix together the almond butter and maple syrup
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl and make a dough. If needed, add a small amount of plant-based milk to make the dough wetter
- Press the dough into a 9 x 9 tray lined with baking paper
- Generously sprinkle hemp seeds on top (or toppings of your choice!)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour then slice into bars
- Now you're ready to kick goals and feel great! Enjoy!